Small and Medium Business Networks
As a business grows it depends more and more on the information that it collects and needs this information
to be shared and protected. This is when a Business Network becomes necessary to an organization's future. As a certified
Microsoft Small Specialist we would often recommend Microsoft Windows® Small Business server.
We use this product ourselves - how else can we recommend it so highly. Valley Computers can provide hardware and software, full support and training for your business network, including:
- Analysis of company requirements to ensure your network is designed and setup properly.
- Purchase and installation of all hardware and software
- Training and support in the use of your network components, for example some critical areas are:
- File and print servers
- Shared fax facilities
- Email and message exchange
- Internet connectivity and sharing
- Firewall setup
- Integration of office applications
- Backup and offsite storage procedures
Security Advice and Assessment
Companies have many different needs. Some are worried about the impact of storing credit card information, others (often in the health industry) are rightly worried about the impact of losing health records. Some companies are highly regulated HIPAA, HiTECH or Sarbanes-Oxley. Whatever your position you need to be sure that your systems are:
- secure from outside (and inside) attack.
- secure from data loss.
- able to recover quickly in the case of ANY sort of disaster.
Our assessment package will give you a written report of your current situation and recommendations about how to improve. This package is designed to take about 10 hours and is available for $625.00. This is a 50% reduction on normal hourly rates - see the 'Terms and Conditions' page for full details.
The package has the following steps:
- Client is provided with a questionnaire asking basic questions about the company's network. Questions such as, how many computers are in the organization?, who is your Internet provider?, what are the passwords to ...?, amongst many others. The questionnaire is designed to save time during the initial client interview.
- Initial client interview - during this interview the questionnaire will be reviewed and further questions are expected – in both directions. Onsite servers and a small sample of workstations will be studied, together with a server security analysis and investigation the overall network.
- Scan and report of External Vulnerability
- Final written report.
- Final consultation and Q & A session.
(Please note: this report will give an excellent idea of your current network status, but it impossible in this time to provide a complete analysis of every aspect of your system)
In addition to business consultancy services Valley computers can offer more immediate help, often using remote (over the Internet) - support, such as:
- Computer repair and build (both software and hardware) - servers,workstations, laptops, Macs. Including installation and customization.
- Removal of viruses.
- Data recovery from damaged hard drives.
- Data backups.
- Internet domain and email setup.
- Anti-spam and email filtering.
- Interactive web sites (connect to databases, customer portals, Intranets etc.)
- And many, many more - of course nobody knows it all, but we certainly know how to find the right specialists if necessary.